[lbo-talk] Diabetes and Individual Choice

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 17:08:29 PST 2006

--- Mark Bennett <mab at straussandasher.com> wrote:

Do young
> bourgeois children
> really just stay indoors, watch television, and play
> computer games all
> day?

Yeah, all of those things Doug mentioned are true, and the culture of fear created by the media in which any harm done to a child gets broadcast instantly and repetitively around the country and made to seem like an epidemic. A lot of people think there are child molesters at every turn. I am CONSTANTLY having to allay the fears of my children's mother. The media really freaks people out with these stories. Obviously children are more at risk of dying going to and from all of their classes by car than they are of every getting molested.

-Thomas

"...everytime we move it ahead, it's thrown back. But the base camp has been made, and the next wave will come and find your wreckage, and they'll be encouraged to go beyond that."

-Timothy O'Leary

"I want to do something with my life; I want to be a cyborg."

-Kevin Warwick

__________________________________________ Yahoo! DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.yahoo.com