[lbo-talk] For Doug & Liza: Shake Asses, Not Babies

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 17:23:37 PST 2006

Joanna wrote:

> Babies can be very hard.

Of course, I cannot attest to the overall scientific validity of his claims, but I found Harvey Karp's "The Happiest Baby" video on how to calm a baby to be incredibly helpful. The first two weeks with Erik, we were about to believe the babies-have-colics-and-you-can-do-nothing-about-it story. But then a friend, a coordinator at the Park Slope Food Co-op where this video is apparently marketed, got us a copy. May the gods bless her soul -- what a difference that piece of advice made in our lives! We passed the video to a neighbor who also had a baby and she's reporting equal success. So, if a sample of two is any good to you, do rock your baby, Doug.

Julio