[lbo-talk] Grant for activists

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jan 9 20:33:30 PST 2006

Please feel free to send this around. I welcome people to nominate me for this award, seeing how I'm unemployed and do activism full time. ;-)

Chuck

---------------------- Dear Colleagues,

Since 1988, through a national search and nomination process, the Petra Foundation has recognized unsung local leaders in the U.S. who are making distinctive contributions to the rights, autonomy and dignity of others.

We are asking you to help us identify such extraordinary individuals by nominating a candidate for a Petra Fellowship this year.

The Petra guidelines and questionnaire can easily be downloaded from the Petra website http://www.petrafoundation.org/nominations.html

and the nomination process is not onerous – most of the nominations we receive are about 3 pages long.

If you know of leaders who fit the Petra awards criteria, please send us their story.

If you know of others who might make a nomination, please spread the word and forward this note.

With your help, Petra will continue to champion local leaders who are fighting on the frontlines of the struggle for justice.

We will give them a no-strings financial award of $7500, publicize their innovative models for change, encourage their collaborations and welcome them to a national network of 69 other Petra Fellows and hundreds of citizen-activists who are working across the divides of age, race, class, region and issue to build a more just society.

This year’s deadline for nominations is February 6th.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Meg Fidler Executive Director

Petra Foundation 315 Duke Ellington Blvd, 16C New York NY 10025 212.665.6673 www.petrafoundation.org