[lbo-talk] A Case for a Higher Gasoline Tax

jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Jan 10 12:03:47 PST 2006

> What's wrong is that the price of oil doesn't reflect the
> environmental damage it does. Externalities and all that.

As opposed to everything else that does capture this cost? Like farming?

Anyway, you know we're going to burn all of it, no matter if it's $60/bbl or $600. You're not going to "convince" people to stop burning it until there's something more profitable to burn. Our only hope is to get there sooner rather than later.

/jordan