[lbo-talk] Illuminary celebrating 100th birthday

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 14:18:34 PST 2006

--- Jim Devine <jdevine03 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> in defense of California, there was a story in the
> New York TIMES
> about this a few days ago.

Yes, that's where most people first saw it. And since it appeared the debate has erupted (as it does every few years) about whether Leary, Kesey and Owsley were right to mass proselytize LSD or whether Huxley was right, that if LSD had been kept the reserve of a few intellectuals, scientists and artists that it would not have been made illegal and could have played a greater creative and therapeutic role.

-Thomas

"...everytime we move it ahead, it's thrown back. But the base camp has been made, and the next wave will come and find your wreckage, and they'll be encouraged to go beyond that."

-Timothy O'Leary

"I want to do something with my life; I want to be a cyborg."

-Kevin Warwick