[lbo-talk] New York Times: A Guilty Pleasure

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Jan 10 15:06:29 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> I've been reading it almost every day since I was about 13. There are
> many ways in which it sucks. There are many things the Washington Post,
> Wall Street Journal, and LA Times do much better. But there's no
> substitute among US papers for its breadth of coverage. And its
> pomposity and stylistic quirks can be really funny.

I'm a news dork and a compulsive newspaper reader since a young age. It's only natural that I run a news website and find myself doing journalism when I would rather be doing other things.

Here's how much of a news dork I am. What did the teenage Chuck0 have on the inside of his locker door in high school?

Doonsbury cartoons. The color versions, cut out of the Sunday paper.

Chuck