[lbo-talk] communist witches were not spectral

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 09:53:56 PST 2006

Jim Farmelant wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:08:38 -0800 Jim Devine <jdevine03 at gmail.com>
> writes:
>> On 1/11/06, Leigh Meyers <leighcmeyers at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Really, I've been around (and around...) and I can't say that
>>> I've ever met anyone who truly IS a 'Communist' (big 'C').
>>
>> I've met some CP people in the past (in Berkeley and New York, where
>> else?). I remember back in the 1970s, they were much like very
>> liberal
>> and pro-labor Democrats, sometimes with utopian conceptions of what
>> might replace capitalism.
>
> The CPUSA has long been a backer of the DP. In fact they have
> been doing this pretty consistently since FDR's second term.
> CP people were very much involved in promoting ABB (Anybody
> but Bush) back in 2004, in case anybody here doesn't remember.

[Redacted For Brevity]

I'm talking about people who LIVE it, not discuss it, intellectualize it, or politic it.

The living of it, despite sociatal 'norms', is the only true threat to the ...'dominant paradigm'. [DOG, I hate that phrase!]

As I stated, not ONE who calls themself a 'Communist'.

How many even live with roommates (once they're out of college)?

Leigh www.leighm.net Have you seen my newsfeeds?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com Got RSS?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/atom.xml