[lbo-talk] Rumor Has It

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 18:38:48 PST 2006

Rumor has it that Roy Campanella fired by KPFA Governing board

by Viva KPFA ! Monday, Jan. 09, 2006 at 4:03 PM

http://www.indybay.org/news/2006/01/1794633.php

Roy Campanella was reportly fired Jan.7 by a 17-5 majority of the stations's board . Why is unclear .

Rumor has it that Roy Campanela , KPFA Station manager and son of Pioneer Black Baseball star . was fired Saturday Jan.8 by the KPFA governing board By a 17-5 Majority . Why he was fired is uncertain . Whether it was because of the sexual harassement allegations raised several months ago or because of new complaints by African-American activists like Fred Hampton Jr. over the Stanley Tookie Williams coverage no one has yet said . Hopefully this action will not hurt our station . I do not think it will . Roy alienated just about everyone associated with Paciifca