[lbo-talk] communist witches were not spectral

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 15:50:58 PST 2006

But General Lee spent little if any time in Tenn. Gens Bragg, then Hood were the CSA commanders in Tenn., Lee was glued to the Army of Northern Virginia.

As to ship names, the Navy does not put a definite article in front of a ship name. It's USS Kansas City, not The USS Kansas City.

http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/NAME.HTM

This is also true for civilian ships, the vessel we call The Totanic was properly called just Titanic.

http://titanic.marconigraph.com/mgy_faqs.html

Likewise, another ship involved in a famous disaster was properly called Andrea Doria, not The Andrea Doria.

http://www.andreadoria.org/TheShips/Default.htm

Likewise (to take it back to civil war ships) the first ironclad battle was fought between USS Monitor and CSS Merrimac, formerly CSS Virginia.

http://www.klaus-kramer.de/Schiff/Panzerschiffe/MONITOR&MERRIMAC/MONITOR%20and%20MERRIMAC_engl_top.html

However Steam Boat Robert E. Lee was constructed in 1866,

but that fits with the song, which is not located during the war.

http://www.shipmodelco-op.com/roblee.htm