[lbo-talk] communist witches were not spectral

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 12 16:45:58 PST 2006

Mark wrote:

>Ah, what the hell. Here's a discussion of the song from The Band's
>website.

where you find:
>Levon Helm
>Robbie and I worked on "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" up in
>Woodstock. I remember taking him to the library so he could research the
>history and geography of the era and make General Robert E. Lee come out
>with all due respect.

:Looks like that seals it. But that discussion also has Robbie Robertson
talking about his attraction to the South as a Tennessee Williams, rock n' roll loving Canadian. He's not the only one that happens too. Australian Nick Cave was so into southern goth even he admits it got out of hand there for a while.