[lbo-talk] shadowy torture unit with fake names

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 04:17:02 PST 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:
> Documents tie shadowy US unit to inmate abuse case
> By Will Dunham
>
> Thu Jan 12, 9:36 PM ET

Here's my comment on that piece from my blog:

SOGs < http://euphoria.jarkolicious.com/journal/2006/01/03/1513/ > were the strongarms and assassins of the Vietnam war... Torture would be RIGHT on mission. The lack of documentation on these Special Forces units was partly the the cause of the "Tailwind Scandal". < http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/tailwind_army.html >

(Note: With "Tailwind", Sarin wasn't the likely substance... best guess: High concentrations of CS (Tear Gas) under circumstances that didn't allow the hiding victims, allegedly including U.S. deserters, to get fresh air and they would die from respiratory distress... Poison/Not Poison... It's your call.) -- leighm Dot

Leigh www.leighm.net Have you seen my newsfeeds?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com Got RSS?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/atom.xml