[lbo-talk] Birgit Nilsson, RIP

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 10:48:19 PST 2006

Well, there's West Side Story, which got Bernstein and Sondheim . . . The movie's not Kurosawa, though it's quite good, but Jerome Robbins's choreography's great and the music and lyrics are magnificent. Btw, the opposing gangs in WSS were originally conceived to be Irish and Jewish rather than Polish and Puerto Rican, don't recall exactly why the change.