[lbo-talk] communist witches were not spectral

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 05:04:22 PST 2006

--- Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:

> I think its more accurate to characterize them
> as having been victims. They were people who
> were either on the wrong end of political or
> economic disputes (i.e. over land ownership)
> or were otherwise unpopular people (i.e. some
> of the victims were old spinsters who were regarded
> as eccentrics).

IIRC the first woman or one of the first women to confess to being a witch was an Indian slave or servant of one of the girls. Is that correct? I have a fuzzy memory of reading someplace that she had taught some shamanistic type magic to one of the girls, that got out, people freaked out and the ball began to roll. (How someone can determine this after 300 years I do not know.)

Nu, zayats, pogodi!