[lbo-talk] Alito & disability

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 17:35:54 PST 2006

If it's musical theater, it's Andrew lloyd Webber, not Stephen Sondheim . . . .

Though I actually I disagree with you guys. I think the Dems do not believe that it is OK to confirm qualified right wing judges, or they'd nominate them when they had the executive. Or at least nominate judges in a political random way. They don't do that.

Which suggests that they really are just spineless. They want to reserve their "nuclear option' without ever using it, not seeing it that now's the time if there ever was a time. So the GOP strips them of the ability to filibuster -- if it can. (Not soLaclear with Frist under investigation, DeLay under indictment, Rove running from Fitz, Rep Gongressmen going to jail like ninepins, but leave that aside).

Amyway, so the GOP ends the filibuster for judicial nominations -- Big fucking deal. This way they lose anyway. That way, they get to pack the Court when they get theexecutive and the Senate majority and the GOP wouldn't be able filibuster -- something that I am sure has not eluded the smarter among the GOPsters. Is it that they don't want to pack the Court. Nonsense. They just don't believe that they have the juice anymore, don't know what they stand for, aren't willing to go out on any limbs or do anything bold. In a word, they are spineless.

I realize that it si an article of faith in some circles that the Dems are the same or even worse than the GOP. It's impossible to argue against a religious faith. I never believed that myself even when I was rigid insistent on independent politics.