[lbo-talk] Alito & disability

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Jan 14 18:10:06 PST 2006

Justin:

> Though I actually I disagree with you guys. I think
> the Dems do not believe that it is OK to confirm
> qualified right wing judges, or they'd nominate them
> when they had the executive. Or at least nominate
> judges in a political random way. They don't do that.
> Which suggests that they really are just spineless. They want to reserve
> their "nuclear option' without
> ever using it, not seeing it that now's the time if
> there ever was a time.

Marta:

> So does Howard Dean and this part of the Democratic Party just not count?
> There have been ideological objections from the Democrats - the DNC.

I'm sorry -- "pwog" Dems can make all the noise they like, but bottom line, the Dems as a whole cave, and there are endless excuses and justifications. I worked with local Dems in the '04 charade, and was immediately reminded of their lack of real political insight or analysis -- more interested in The Game and who's up on points (most lib blogs operate this way). I'm tired of it. We may be locked into the 2 Party system, but we needn't be submissive or quiet about it. I'm with Carrol -- the Dems are the nice jailers; liberals, their PR front.

Dennis