Politicization Then and Now (Re: [lbo-talk] Alito & disability

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 13:00:32 PST 2006

On 1/16/06, Nathan Newman <nathanne at nathannewman.org> wrote:
> while it's hard to know how to compare the
> whole range of self-help groups like AA et all compared to the Elks of
> yesteryear, Americans still remain inveterate joiners.

the AA being somehow comparable to the BOPE? surely you jest. The AA, whatever its good works, is a very narcissistic organization. The BPOE was (and is) much more of an organization of the community. It also did (does) good works.

-- Jim Devine "When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm beginning to believe it." -- Clarence Darrow