[lbo-talk] Alito & disability

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Mon Jan 16 17:20:51 PST 2006

On Jan 16, 2006, at 10:13 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>

>> Yeah, but I think dispersal plays a big role. Back
>> when, working class folks lived together as neighbors
>> in the Back of the Yards, drank in the smae bars, hung
>> out on the porch, went to the union hall if they had
>> one. Now withthe car and burbs, as noted in previosu
>> threads, we are dispersed to the winds.
>>

> I agree. There are many reasons for today's depoliticization, but I
> don't think it's really a matter of not enough time.
>
> Doug

Well try living in LA, putting in 10 hour plus days (many holding down more than one job), spending two hours a day getting to and from work, getting groceries, preparing meals, picking up the kids, taking care of the kids -- so maybe this area is an exception in the country.

Marta -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20060116/499d2b97/attachment.htm>