[lbo-talk] Rat on Your Leftist Prof, Get a Hundred Bucks

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Jan 17 10:26:11 PST 2006

> Hope that I am not duplicating the below post here, but I saw
> this on another list and thought it might be of interest
> here. At the website:
> http://www.uclaprofs.com/ they offer UCLA students 100 bucks
> to turn in class notes of Professors espousing radical causes
> in class. Isn't there a law against this sort of thing?

They say that donations to them are tax deducible, which implies that they have a 501 c3 tax exempt status - which prohibits making political endorsements, especially of specific persons. So they are either lying about their tax deductibility (i.e. they are a 501c4 organization which are political but donations are not tax deductible) or they violating their 501c3 status. But either way, these are relatively small infractions - they may give them some bad publicity.

Wojtek