[lbo-talk] The 'smoking gun' in Ohio vote miscount

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:59:38 PST 2006

from SLATE's news summary:
>The [Washington] Post's off-lead tells the story of a GI in Iraq
killed in 2004 by what might have been friendly fire from Polish troops, though his family was told otherwise for nearly a year. The WP has documents showing an inquiry into the shooting was stopped short because of, as one officer put it in a report, "the International sensitivity of this investigation." The Post also notes "those documents were not issued until after Bush was re-elected—with the help of a slim margin in [the soldier's] home state of Ohio." The soldier's mother asserts the election had something to do with stonewalling.<

-- Jim Devine "When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm beginning to believe it." -- Clarence Darrow