[lbo-talk] Time of the great freeze

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:14:10 PST 2006

global warming doesn't mean an even rise in temperatures all around the world. It means that the average temp rises, disrupting "normal" weather patterns and causing wierd weather.

Doug wrote: What's happening, global warming missing you?

On 1/18/06, Peter Lavelle <untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com> wrote: Very good point. Russia is a place of weather extremes, but what has happened over the time I have been here has many Russians I know talking about global warming (they phrase it as weather change). The artic north is warming, more and more floods experienced, freak snow storms in late summer, and just as freaky heat spells in Siberia during the summer. As the biggest country on the planet, it is a textbook example of how the weather is changing in the most unpredictable (and tragic ways).

-- Jim Devine "The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side." -- James Baldwin