[lbo-talk] Unproductive Workers = The Best Organized in the USA

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 14:30:17 PST 2006

Right, it's not worth arguing about. And as you can see from my followup poast I stand corrected (thanks) -- I knew that -- but I do think that sometimes Marx slips into thinking of productive labor as involving material production. No matter, even if you say it just "involves" the production of SV you run into problems, because it is impossible draw lines around "actually producing SV" and keeping out merely "being necessary for the production of SV." It's not important because nothing in Marx's theory, even accepting the LTV, depends on the distinction in any important way.