[lbo-talk] an alternative conceptual framework.

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 12:47:44 PST 2006

Jim Devine wrote:
> One could imagine studying
> feudalism and developing the concept of "productive for feudalism" as
> a societal system.

That's what I was implying when I typed:

"The US government felt that the native American way of communal farming of land was unproductive, as was hunter-gathering. The government did it's best by withholding allotments, holding up trusts, more, to enforce their concept of 'productive land use'.

It wasn't more productive for the community... almost without exception, the old ways were more functional in every way."