[lbo-talk] life in Germany

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Jan 19 17:57:22 PST 2006

The "great schools" of Europe disappeared in the seventies. I experienced a little of the wonderful era of European schools, and they were really quite good. When I came to the U.S., I pretty much twiddled my thumbs (except for math) for about four years...until the U.S. system caught up with where the European system had put me.

However, each time I returned to Europe, beginning in the eighties, I heard dire stories about the schools in Western Europe. So far as I could tell, the graduates of schools in eastern europe and the former SU, were still doing quite well.

Joanna