[lbo-talk] Fear Factor: ABC- Al Qaeda May Already Be in U.S.

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Sat Jan 21 11:37:22 PST 2006

Hi,

I agree with Leigh Meyers, below, but...

In Chicago In the 1980s I was driving north on a divided overpass on the southwest side when I saw a car hurtling north on the southbound lane of the bridge.

It was careening across the road, and hit a small car travelling south. A clown jumped out of the small car in full garb--red nose, wig and all.

The driver of the car that smashed into the clown's car jumped out...and fell over. Very drunk.

The clown started waving her arms and crying. Meanwhile, dozens of colorful balloons wafted out of the clown's car and floated into the sky.

The drunk sat up and looked at the scene, and began rubbing his eyes and shaking his head.

I figure my chances of being personally injured by an operative of a terror cell of any type are about the same as witnessing a similar accident again.

Doesn't mean we should stop being concerned about terrorism...but it certainly means that we should vigorously qustion the claim by the Bush Administration that what it is doing overseas and at home is making us any safer.

:-)

-Chip

From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org on behalf of Leigh Meyers Sent: Sat 1/21/2006 1:47 PM To: lbo-talk Subject: [lbo-talk] Fear Factor: ABC- Al Qaeda May Already Be in U.S.

...and you are still *infinitely* more likely to get run over on the sidewalk by a car going the wrong way up a one-way street (with an insane clown driving).

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=1527874&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312