[lbo-talk] Unproductive Workers = The Best Organized in the USA

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 07:46:45 PST 2006

Teodor Oizerman, who was the big Marxist-Leninist history of philosophy theorist in the USSR, wrote an interesting book about this a couple of years ago. It's kind of his mea culpa for his then-role as ideologue, combined with a defense of Marx against "professional anti-Marxists," and an attack on Leninism. I doubt it will ever be tralsted. It's amazing the extent to which Russian and Western scholars don't talk to each other. (The book is Marksizm i Utopizm, BTW.)

--- Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:

> It is precisely what I find objectionable in Marxism
> - it became faith true
> by definition, and ceased to be empirical science.
> If a hypothesis cannot
> be disproved by evidence, it becomes a religious
> dogma. That is fine if
> someone is looking for religion, but I personally
> have little interest in
> it.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!