[lbo-talk] Meth and Monopoly (was Lumpen)

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 14:24:05 PST 2006

joanna wrote:

> Really? I would think people would just buy a can of rolling tabbacco
> and roll their own. Much, much cheaper.
>
> Joanna

Funny thing... In San Jose (California), rolling tobacco costs more at some stores than generic cigarettes.

IMHO, It's an (cowboy) image thing, which the store owner seconded.

Current price for a pouch of TOP tobacco in Santa Cruz varies from $2.05 > $2.55 (equiv +- 1 pack cigarettes) and the cigarette goes out if you don't puff it, probably due to minimal chemical content to cut the cost of production.

Leigh www.leighm.net Have you seen my newsfeeds?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com Got RSS?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/atom.xml