[lbo-talk] Teixeira on values

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 10:18:25 PST 2006

Wojtek:

I think the "Democratic side" is a part of the problem because it was instrumental in "normalizing deviance" - i.e. presenting nono-conventional life styles, delinquency or even barbarism as "normal" under the banner of nihilistic relativism.

An extraordinary assertion for a cold Thursday afternoon; one which confuses the public face of the Democratic party with various streams of, for lack of a sweeter, more precise phrase, 'identity politics'.

Indeed, this appears to be a Sokolowskian phantasm of the Dems and not the actual beast. I write this as a man who has little love for the besieged Dems but accuracy in criticism is always called for.

I'd be very curious to read examples, or if you prefer, 'evidence', of positions they've taken - party platforms, statements of prominent Dems, etc. - that display this "nihilistic relativism" (a term that denotes a certain icy sexiness, all martinis, black suits, blue lights and small, rimless eyeglasses).

.d.

---------

http://monroelab.net/blog/index.html

"I've tried everything...reason, quantum explosives, portable singularity traps, cupcakes, nothing convinces this guy."

Doctor Impossible