[lbo-talk] Old Farts (was Lumpen)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 26 14:30:32 PST 2006

> Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>
> >its in-your-face shock value
>
> Woj, are you aware of how often you just sound like a grumpy old fart?
>
> Doug

I just found this gem: Sam Graham-Felsen, "The New Face of the Campus Left," 13 Feb 06, <http://www.thenation.com/docprint.mhtml?i=20060213&s=grahamfelsen>.

I recommend it to both Doug and Wojtek: to Wojtek, so he can see what young Democrats stand for (the choice quote: "We've tried very hard, without compromising what we stand for, to make sure that we are serious about progressive values, and that we believe in inclusion" (David Halperin, director of Campus Progress, qtd. in Graham-Felsen); and to Doug, so he can hear what prematurely old farts really sound like.

Yoshie Furuhashi <http://montages.blogspot.com> <http://monthlyreview.org> <http://mrzine.org>