[lbo-talk] Happy Birthday Mozart

Scissors MacGillicutty scissorsmacgillicutty at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:00:47 PST 2006

Thanks for the recommendation. I read Lebrecht's Maestro Myth a while back and found it illuminating, if disturbing and depressing. Pretty much answered for me the question of why all orchestras sound the same these days. Great dish in it, too (Kossevitsky and Bernstein had to conduct Stravinsky's Sarce du Primtemps from a simplified score by Nicholas Slominsky? Who knew!)

smg.