[lbo-talk] Happy Birthday Mozart

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 19:14:15 PST 2006

Speaking of Mozart for babies.... when each of my kids was five years old, I put on Mozart's "Magic Flute" (as filmed by Bergman) and watched it through with them from start to finish, telling them the story and what everybody was saying while they were singing. Then they each watched it, over and over again, without any prompting from me, about five hundred times. They also watched Disney cartoons and Betty Boop five hundred times....but also Mozart.

It created in both of them a basic appreciation for and love of classical music, which has lasted for the rest of their lives (boy now 22, girl 12).

Mozart rocks!

Joanna