[lbo-talk] Too Old for Rap (was Lumpen)

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Sat Jan 28 15:30:43 PST 2006

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> It's simple: the average age of regular posters is too high

> for any informed discussion on rap. Contrast an absence of

> concrete references to rap songs and groups to elaborate,

> well-referenced discussion on Mozart, Dylan, etc.

I don't have any kind of comprehensive knowledge of rap in general, that's for sure. But I can _sing_ you about half the songs on Luda's "Word of Mouf," "Chicken and Beer" and "Red-light District" and 50 Cent's "Die Tryin'" and "Massacre" and Lloyd Banks's "Hunger for More" and Kanye's "Dropout" and "Late Registration" _word-for-f*ckin-word_ because the last couple of years my son Felix has subjected me to the Ludovico Treatment utilizing those particular albums. So I can tell you, from a position of less than complete ignorance, that "Gunz Come Out" and "We Got" and "Die One Day" and "Go 2 Sleep" are bullshit.

Yours WD "you kids get offa my lawn!" K - WKiernan at ij.net