[lbo-talk] Farmers and Foreign-Born Brides in Japan and South Korea

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Sun Jan 29 07:43:11 PST 2006

At 02:50 PM 1/27/2006, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>>info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
>>Fri Jan 27 10:58:12 PST 2006
><snip>
>>What's going on in the Korean countryside cannot be adequately
>>analyzed from the perspective of radical cultural feminism alone.
>>
>>I'd appreciate Yoshie's and other feminists take on it, that's for
>>sure.

I was asking for your and other feminists' thoughts about the laminations of radical cultural feminist analysis such as that offered by I blame the patriarchy where it's assumed that the men need the help of the state to find a bride are so because they must be ugly and ornery and no woman would want them. Thus, the patriarchy is there to make sure those men are happy campers and that patriarchy does so at the expense of women as a class by exporting abroad for wives.

It struck me as a highly ethnocentric analysis and one of the limitations of rad cult. fem analysis She may have been going for the humor -- since she's a funny writer -- but... i didn't think it's funny.

But thanks! Although I was more interested in meta-discussion, this is also illuminating.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org