[lbo-talk] Too Old for Rap (was Lumpen)

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 08:47:47 PST 2006

on the subject of rap, we should remember Sturgeon's Revelation, i.e., that: "Ninety percent of everything is crud." That is, only about 10 percent of any genre is worth it. I think for some genres, it's only 5%. But the point remains that it's a mistake to reject an entire genre based on a cursory study.