[lbo-talk] Weather Underground discussed at postmodernist/preschool

c p cpthron at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 29 16:39:25 PST 2006

>Message: 8
>Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 10:04:18 -0700
>From: Michael Pugliese <michael.098762001 at gmail.com>
>Subject: [lbo-talk] Weather Underground discussed at postmodernist
> workshop
>
>https://lists.portside.org/pipermail/portside/Week-of-Mon-20060123/008949.html

Hmm - CNN has a online clip of Kelli Arena talking with a Weather Underground guy meeting witht he FBI agent who caught him where I can't forward the url - but it seems like even bringing those people up disrespects the hard work that so many other less flashy people did back then.

Here are older people beating away 70sretropunk teens outside of starwars and telling them to go back to Hot Topic http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=fiJSaH0wrsk

In other news, I've been following some of the Portland-indymedia posts regarding the emails the FBI infiltrator woman who had a 'cell' of three arrested east of Sacramento for supposedly plotting to set off bleach bombs at the Forest Service genetics lab. At first, I was annoyed by the myspace page of the youngest one, where he was egotistically promoting himself as a Jack Kerouac-traveler kid- - and indeed On the Road is what he has requested as jail reading material.

However, all the details indicate that the infiltrator had a clear pattern of going around provoking illegal activity at demos. She is photographed here as a 'street medic' at the Organization of American States meeting in Fort Lauderdale - which was supposedly uneventful except for one incident at the end where a 'street medic' was reported as encouraging younger protesters to join arms and sit down in front of the police in the road, as a symbol of defiance. Among the photos, there are no other street medics to be seen, although no one has found online photos yet specifically of her organizing this activity - she was in the vicinity, and probably it was filmed by someone. Also, she left emails arranging to go to Scotland G8 with the street medics, and to take video and trade videos with others, - after which there were many reports of these street medics being highly targeted for arrest in Scotland. Finally, she was around this 'Hugs for Puppies' house in W. Philly by U of Penn before it was raided. In any case, it seems like if people trade notes, they could demonstrate that she was a provocateur and not a casual observer. It makes sense that if you spend 2 years watching lazy lifestyle activists travel around, eat and listen to music, you might resort to pushing things along. It strikes me that the Street medics really only serve to carry water and sunscreen for those that forgot, and their training, on paper, looks as advanced as a first aid class for 13 year old babysitters, but it gives the badge of leadership and authority. There are more useful things to be doing http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/oasday1 http://gallery.thetechgurus.net/slideshow.php?set_albumName=oas

_________________________________________________________________ On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how to get there! http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement