[lbo-talk] pre-school rock

Wojtek Sokolowski wsokol52 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 18:36:32 PST 2006

--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Woj "I need more estrogen" Sokolowski,
>
> I pretty much agree with 85% of what you post here,
> even if it's cranky and crotchety beyond all
> get-out.
> But I'm guessing you've never heard such awesome
> Polish female-fronted HC bands like Post-Regiment,
> which cite the Cro-Mags as an influence? Probably
> not!
> =)

You are right, have not heard of them. I just watched the video to which you posted the link, and was not particularly impressed.

What turned me off was the displays of aggressive machismo - to which I admit I have a highly adverse reaction (can't really stand it.) I suspect you would react similarly if the band displayed, say, the nazi or kkk symbols. But hey, that is a flimsy basis to form a judgment about a band so I promise to give it another chance at some later time.

PS. I do not need more estrogen, but Prozac would travel some distance :).

Wojtek