[lbo-talk] Mädchen in Uniform

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jan 30 09:38:34 PST 2006

Jim Devine wrote:

> [a link found on MaxSpeak's blog-site]
>
> Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technicians
>
> Think blowing stuff up is just for guys? Think again. Women in the
> Navy can become Explosive Ordnance Disposal technicians (EOD techs).
> EOD techs protect and save lives by rendering safe both foreign and
> domestic explosives.

My daughter brought back from Cuba (about 35 years ago) a button given her by a young North Vietnamese woman in Cuba at the time. The woman was the last survivor of a bomb disposal team in Hanoi. (The U.S. deliberately set some of his largest bombs not to go off on impact.) The pin (a DRVN flag) was made from the aluminum of a B-51 shot down over Hanoi. I still have it around the house someplace.

Carrol