[lbo-talk] Too Old for Rap (was Lumpen)

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 09:52:53 PST 2006

when I was in High School, we were reading some ancient Greek novels by Mary Renault. My group was reading "The Last of the Wine." Parents intervened and cancelled that, because of the gay content.

CC: > A few years ago a couple in a small town near B/N began writing letters to the local paper attacking the teaching of Chaucer in high school. < -- Jim Devine "The price one pays for pursuing any profession or calling is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side." -- James Baldwin