[lbo-talk] Too Old for Rap (was Lumpen)

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 10:14:20 PST 2006

"Chaucer. Rabelais. Balzac. Dirty books!"

--from The Music Man

See what you miss by despising musical theater, Doug?

Rabelais is especially improper, being mainly a long succession of fart jokes. But Then there's Villion, and the Bard of Avon (you know, Sir Francis Bacon, Baron Verulam, or was it Sir Edward Vere, the Earl of Oxford?) is so improper that he was the main target of Bowlderization in the 19th century.