[lbo-talk] Too Old for Rap (was Lumpen)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Jan 30 13:27:21 PST 2006

Marvin:

> Some people post anonymously because of concerns about
> employers (current or prospective).

Which is fine and understandable. But you do not have to reveal your identity to the list by signing your name, address and position - you can use a pen (keyboard?) name and tell who you are by revealing your ideas, thought processes, or preferences. I think the latter is as - if not more- valuable than the former, and some people on this list are quite good at that. What I object to is people concealing their identities and contributing mostly snide remarks and ad hominems, which strikes me as asshole cowardice. If one feels a need to use an alias - one should refrain from stabbing others in the back, and if one wants to confront someone - one should show one's face.

Wojtek