[lbo-talk] Too Old for Rap (was Lumpen)

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 13:58:57 PST 2006

If you go to the LBO-Talk sign up page, it actually seems to recommend that you use a Yahoo! email address and not be very specific about your identity, if you fear reprisals from employers or others. I use a Yahoo! email address, like it recommends, and do not come out, guns blazing, about who I am because I don't want some guy that I've just interviewed with to turn to Google right away, type my name in, see the hits that come up, and then decide immediately that I'm not working for them.

Of course, here that's gotten me a couple of "Who the fuck are YOU [to say X-Y-Z]" comments here, which is annoying. I'm just going by list recommendations.

-B.

--

Wojtek wrote:

"What I object to is people concealing their identities and contributing mostly snide remarks and ad hominems, which strikes me as asshole cowardice."