[lbo-talk] Re: Brian On "Brokeback Mountain" & "The Reception"

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Tue Jan 31 18:29:05 PST 2006

Oh, and speaking of which, one of the local bloggers, a law student, went back home to his rink dinky hometown in the Bible Belt of Florida. A totally out gay guy who blogs about it, works for an attorney who does family law specializing in gay adoption, etc., cannot, even today, be out in his hometown. He's there to study for the bar.

Someone in the area threatened to rat him out to his community. They'd been reading him for a long time, just never knew it was him. Once he started blogging about what it was like to be back home and not do the things he was used to, the person put two and two together. So he had to stop blogging. That's today, 2006.

I heard from him the other day and he'll be coming back to blogging, but with a totally disguised identity -- not that I don't like his new schtick, which he asked me to test drive the other day (short stories) -- so he doesn't have to deal with a mean nasty person who wants to cause him pain with his family and their friends.

When he comes back to Tampa, he'll resume his life, but back in the Bible Belt, where his family lives, fuhgeddaboudit.