[lbo-talk] summer issue of monthly review

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Sat Jul 1 19:25:08 PDT 2006

Dear friends,

The summer (double) issue of Monthly Review is now available. It is titled “Aspects of Class in the U.S.” It includes essays by John Foster, Stephanie Luce and Mark Brenner, Mike Zweig, Michael Perelman, Sabiyha Prince, Richard Vogel, Bill Tabb, David Roediger, Kristen Lavelle and Joe Feagin, Peter McClaren and Ramin Farahmandpur, and Michael Yates. Issues covered are class and race, class and gender, economic aspects of class, class, race, and Hurricane Katrina, undocumented workers, class and schooling, class consciousness, and class struggle. I think it is a good and useful issue. To see the contents in more detail, go to <www.monthlyreview.org>. To order copies call the office at 1 800 670 4956.

We are planning a book built around the summer issue.

Michael Yates, Associate Editor, Monthly Review