[lbo-talk] Article on Zhirinovsky's trip to see his father's grave in Israel

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 2 05:24:00 PDT 2006

Zhirik's classic line was "My mother was a Russian; my father was a lawyer." This is a bit of a play on works because the Russian words for "Jew" and "lawyer" sound a bit alike.

"His eyes are wet with tears, and not for the last time. Is he genuinely moved? It's hard to know. He is a superb actor."

Yes he is! His party's recommendation for dealing with bird flu was for Russia to call preemptive missile strikes on bird flocks in neighboring countries.

"The best entertainer among the politicians," the daily Pravda called him a few years ago."

Pravda is not a daily, goddamit! I used to work there. It's an Internet publication. ;)

--- Bryan Atinsky <bryan at alt-info.org> wrote:

> http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/732918.html
>
> The Jewish side of the family
> By Yossi Melman