[lbo-talk] Henry Kravis doing the funky chicken

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jul 5 09:52:24 PDT 2006

[from page six]

MAYBE HE'S SHY

RUDY Giuliani confided at the dinner dance Washington Post heiress Lally Weymouth threw in Southampton Saturday night that he'll run for president if he can raise enough campaign funds. But witnesses say the former mayor hurts his chances because he doesn't acknowledge people he's known for years. While his wife, Judith, is outgoing and charming, Rudy is standoffish. One well-connected guest was overheard telling another, "Can you believe it? Rudy snubbed me." "He snubbed me too," was the reply. Among the guests were Sen. Chuck Schumer, Gov. Pataki, Steve Schwarzman, Carl Icahn, Barry Diller and Henry Kravis, who was on the dance floor doing what was described as "the funky chicken."