[lbo-talk] My blog on the elections in Mexico

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 5 12:45:43 PDT 2006

> joanna wrote:
>
> Basically, what we need is an amendment requiring verifiable elections -- paper trail. Without that, we've got nothing.

Take a deep breath and think.

"We" could elect enough senators, representatives, & state legislators to get an amendment only if "we" could win elections without the amendment. And if "we" could do that, then obviously there would be no need for the amenment. If we can get it, we don't need it; if we need it, we can't get it.

Carrol