[lbo-talk] Anybody want to ask Putin a question?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 8 07:06:38 PDT 2006

"Lubo!" is the classic Cossack shout. I saw a news broadcast on TV a few months ago about the Cossacks down on the Don who have been adopting children from the state orphanage system and raising them in the Glorious Traditions of Cossackdom (TM). Lots of footage of kids dancing around in traditional Cossack-type clothes, dancing with swords, practicing martial arts and so forth. At the tail end the journalist, surrounded by a bunch of kids, said something about "And so the Cossacks have always been and are still ready to defend the Motherland, yadda yadda yadda... What do you say, kids?" They all shouted out "LUUUUUUBO!" in unison.

This trip should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

--- John Adams <jadams01 at sprynet.com> wrote:

> >Actually, it almost is. Sounds like a Ramones song.
> >Gabba Gabba Hey!
>
> I thought it was a Ramones song--you know: Lube up
> the brat, lube up the brat--aw, shit!

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!