[lbo-talk] Was: advances in political science

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sat Jul 8 15:39:47 PDT 2006

``There is absolutely nothing in our culture that offers the "fraternity of species-being" ... There is nothing but abyss, from which one is protected by material goods on the material side and by religion on the psychological side..'' Joanna

Yes, this goes back to the other thread `crisis'.

But it's not up to some grand Other to offer that species-being. It's up to us to create it out of the conditions of our world and our lives, ex nihilo.

And we've had some limited success, some moments.

CG