[lbo-talk] Syd, RIP

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Tue Jul 11 08:40:47 PDT 2006

> [saw a kid on the street the other day with a Pink Floyd t-shirt and
> wondered at their appeal to Today's Youth]

On last.fm, a site where people give descriptive tags to the music they listen to, bands like Pink Floyd get tagged as "oldies". First time I saw that it sure gave me shock. Oldies? For me, that's more like "How Much is That Doggie in the Window".

On different note, I introduced my nephew, age six, to Led Zeppelin during a visit last fall and he *loved* it. I had him dancing in the kitchen to "When the Levee Breaks", although I think he was too young to appreciate the topicality of that memorable tune apropos of Katrina.

--

Colin Brace

Amsterdam