[lbo-talk] Men are slackers

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 07:06:18 PDT 2006

Doug:

It's true in classrooms too, no? Men talk more than women. What about biz meetings?

Sadly, I've had the 'opportunity' (as the sales types say) to sit in on more over-air-conditioned room staged biz meetings, teleconferences, satellite linked vid remotes, plasma screen meet-a-paloozas and just about every other variation on the theme.

It's my experience that guys do tend to talk a lot but the women aren't shy at all. In fact, over the years, things in this area - at least in the firms where I've consulted - appear to have become rather even, making the meeting process even more sleep inducing (not, I hasten to point out, because women are *more* boring than men in these settings...just equally so).

No doubt, there are still plenty of situations (listervs, oui?) in which the boys natter on while the women, relatively speaking, sit quiet.

To tell you the truth, I've long wanted to read more female contributions here.

And listen my friends, I know you're out there in Lurk Town; agreeing with this, disagreeing with that and crafting cogent arguments but running silent - like a sub avoiding depth charges.

.d.

--------- The 21st century's mightiest blogo-techno-cryto-orgasmo-fascist!

http://monroelab.net/blog/