[lbo-talk] erections

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Wed Jul 12 09:18:48 PDT 2006

Ok, so a debate has come up at the blog. I want to know, to what extent were/are your erections in public something you could simply will away or avoid. Do you have them involuntarily. both R and Sonshine say that they don't always get them b/c they are thinking about sex in a conscious way.

I remember a prof friend of mine telling me that, the more boring and routine people's jobs are, the more likely they are to engage in sexual fantasy. What that has to do with anything, I'm not sure...

Anyway, someone at the blog, a man, says that he thinks that men who get them in public, such as when they're speaking before an audience, could avoid doing it.

Me? personally, I think most people are terrified enough about public speaking that the last thing anyone wants is something that calls attention to themselves in an embarassing fashion. Hence, I suspect no man actually _wants_ an erection, unbidden or not, when speaking before an audience.

But what about, say, a 22 year old who has erections while going about his daily business. Is it your experience that you have to invite them at that age, and that it's a matter of will power?

"Scream-of-consciousness prose, peppered with sociological observations, political ruminations, and in-yore-face colloquial assaults."

-- Dennis Perrin, redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org